Since the early 1990s, I've been collecting and categorizing web sites
I've found useful. When I published the first version of this web site
all those years ago, that list was the focus of the site. Back then,
everybody on the web seemed to have the same idea. Eventually, some
people took the idea more seriously, and formed companies like Yahoo to commercialize their work. I've kept plugging along with my humble,
eclectic list all these years, and I can't seem to stop collecting. I
hope you find it useful, too.
- 360 Cities: 360° views of cities around the world
- Expedia, travel reservations and information system
- FBOweb.com: fboweb.com is an Internet-based tool for anyone interested in aviation. Pilots can access the web site to obtain information and plan their flights, and FBOs can use the site to track flights, attract aircraft to their facilities and help manage their operations. Charter outfits can use the site to manage their fleet.
- International Travel News
- Intrepid Travel: an Australian company that does tours all over the world
- ITA Software, who made a system for finding the best air travel bookings. I ha a friend who worked there. It's now part of Google.
- Japan Travel Bureau USA, Inc.
- Kayak: Search several travel sites at once for the best prices.
- Las Vegas
- Lonely Planet, publishers of travel guides
- Luggage Forward: The Luggage Shipping, Golf Club Shipping and Ski Shipping Experts
- Man in Seat Sixty-One: rail travel world wide
- Orbitz, whose flight search engine, produced by ITA Software, my friend Jim works on
- Phil Greenspun's pages, including his travel writing and photography
- Priceline: bid for travel deals
- Rick Steves's Europe Through the Back Door travel company. My wife and have taken three trips with this company, and all were wonderful. Look for photos on my home page.
- San Francisco
- Chateau Tivoli, a beautiful hotel in a Victorian mansion in San Francisco
- Sausalito, California
- Seat Guru: your enlightened guide to airline seating
- Sky Auction
- Southwest Airlines
- Vacations To Go: last-minute cruise deals
- Wikitravel: The Free Travel Guide
- Yahoo Travel