Since the early 1990s, I've been collecting and categorizing web sites
I've found useful. When I published the first version of this web site
all those years ago, that list was the focus of the site. Back then,
everybody on the web seemed to have the same idea. Eventually, some
people took the idea more seriously, and formed companies like Yahoo to commercialize their work. I've kept plugging along with my humble,
eclectic list all these years, and I can't seem to stop collecting. I
hope you find it useful, too.
- Cirque du Soleil, a fantastic circus troupe that performs on the road, in Las Vegas, and at Disney World
- Covert Ops: I haven't done this, but some of it sounds like fun.
- Dada Engine and the Postmodernism Generator
- Dancing Paul
- Get Smart: fan site Wouldyoubelieve.com
- Go, the board game
- Incredible Adventures, Inc.: I haven't done this, but it sounds like fun.
- Internet Anagram Server
- Lyric Theatre, home of the Gilbert & Sullivan Society of San Jose
- Blue Man Group
- Capitol Steps
- Groove Lily: a great band my wife and I saw at TheatreWorks in Palo Alto
- Magnatune: the open music record label... try before you buy MP3 music
- Music via the web
- KCSM FM 91.1: jazz
- SomaFM: listener-supported, commercial-free, underground/alternative radio broadcasting from San Francisco
- Secret Agent: The soundtrack for your stylish, mysterious, dangerous life. For Spies and P.I.s, too!
- Musicbrainz: an open music encyclopedia that collects music metadata and makes it available to the public
- OneAcross: automated help with crossword puzzles
- Penn & Teller's official web site
- Quiller, novelist Adam Hall's master spy
- Rodney Dangerfield's joke of the day
- Sabra Field, Vermont printmaker
- Science fiction
- Sherlock Holmes
- Siegfried and Roy, Masters of the Impossible
- TV Tropes Wiki: a catalogue of the tricks of the trade for writing television scripts. Frequently found plots, tropes, idioms, and devices are reposed here. The idea is to provide a resource for writers to spark ideas.
- Villa Montalvo, California's historic estate for the arts
- Web Economy Bullshit Generator
- Wu-Tang Nameliser